For some people, getting a round and shapely butt can be challenging. A flat or drooping appearance of the buttocks can be caused by genetics, weight loss, and aging, among other factors. Fortunately, those wishing to improve the look of their buttocks have a variety of options thanks to plastic surgery.
Dr. Karan Chopra is a board-certified and experienced plastic surgeon in Minnesota who specializes in a variety of body procedures like BBL, tummy tucks, and facial procedures. Find out more about how to get a more round butt.
Non-surgical Solutions to Get a More Round Butt
People interested in getting a bigger, rounder butt often want to try a non-surgical solution before resorting to plastic surgery. Most often, it is physical exercises to get a bigger butt. However, not everybody gets results using this method.
The butt is made of muscle and fat. When we exercise, the muscle can increase its size, but the fat can disappear in the process. Physical exercises can’t always deliver localized results – such as a rounder butt. And this is the reason why most people need plastic surgery to get the buttocks of their dreams.
Plastic Surgery Techniques and Procedures to Get a More Round Butt
Butt augmentation is one of the plastic surgery procedures that has advanced significantly in recent years. Two of the most popular surgical procedures for achieving more rounded and contoured buttocks are Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) and Buttock Augmentation with Implants.
Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a treatment that enlarges the buttocks using the patient’s own fat. During the operation, liposuction is used to remove fat from parts of the body like the stomach or thighs. After being processed and purified, the fat is then carefully injected into the buttocks. The end effect is a butt that is more rounded, more sculpted, and feels natural to the touch.
The Brazilian butt lift entails the use of liposuction and fat injections. The first step of the procedure is liposuction performed on the donor areas. This is one of the reasons why so many people prefer to undergo a Brazilian butt lift- the results of the surgery don’t reflect only at the level of the buttocks, but also the area treated with liposuction. Patients getting the BBL surgery have better contour after the surgery. An hourglass figure can occur after the BBL surgery, but this depends on the anatomy of the patient and the area treated with liposuction.
After liposuction is used to harvest the fat from the so-called “donor area” (or areas), this fat goes through an extensive purification process. The result is pure fat cells with a higher survival rate after reinjection.
Injections are then used to insert the fat in different areas of the buttocks to create a more round buttock and an improved shape of the butt.
Butt Augmentation with Implants
Buttock augmentation with implants includes inserting silicone implants into the butt to reshape and add volume to the area. In order to get the desired effects, your surgeon creates a pocket in the butt muscles to insert the implants through the incisions.
The butt implants surgery is a more invasive procedure compared to the BBL. It also entails more risks and is associated with more severe complications.
The butt implants are inserted into the muscles of the butt and this is often associated with more pain and discomfort during the recovery period.
Best Candidates for Butt Enhancement Surgery
Recovery Following a Brazilian Butt Lift
After a Brazilian butt lift, there are several things that must be done to get the best results. After the surgery you should avoid lying or sitting directly on your butts for at least two weeks. Putting too much pressure on the areas where fat was injected could lead to the death of the fat cells and alter the results of the procedure.
You can begin light everyday activities one week following surgery and you can go back to work in ten to fourteen days. Keep in mind that the recovery is different for each patient and for some might take longer.
What to Do after Butt Surgery to Get Best Results and a More Round Butt
Follow the post-operative instructions given by your surgeon. Your surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for the surgical site, including details on what activities you should avoid, and any medication you need to take. It’s critical to strictly follow directions in order to promote the best healing and prevent complications.
For a few weeks after surgery, you should refrain from doing any hard exercise to give your body time to recuperate. This includes activities with high impact, such as jogging and heavy lifting.
Wear compression clothing. To support your buttocks and speed up your recovery, your surgeon may advise you to wear compression clothing. Compression clothing is also recommended for the areas treated with liposuction to minimize swelling and further contour the body.
Be prepared for swelling and bruising following a BBL or other buttocks surgery. This is typical, and it will pass quickly.
It may take a few months before your BBL surgery’s full effects become apparent. It’s crucial to exercise patience and let your body heal completely before evaluating the outcomes.
Follow-up consultations with your surgeon are essential if you want to keep track of your healing and discuss any potential worries you might have. Schedule and keep all of your post-operative appointments with your surgeon.
It’s crucial to remember that every patient is unique, and that healing timeframes can change. To fully understand what might be anticipated following the procedure, it is best to speak with an experienced plastic surgeon.
Which Approach Should I Choose to Get a Rounder Butt?
While Butt Augmentation with Implants entails the use of silicone implants to add volume and contour, BBL uses the patient’s own fat to accentuate the butt. Which method is the right one for you will depend on the individual’s demands and goals. Both operations are intended to create a rounder, more contoured buttock. Always seek the advice of a board-certified plastic surgeon to decide what is best for you and your body.
FAQs about Surgical Procedures to Get a More Round Butt
Is the Brazilian butt lift surgery the right choice for me?
- You can have the procedure done if you have enough fat in the donor area. The BBL surgery is dependent on the results of the liposuction performed to harvest the fat that is purified and then reinjected into the buttocks. Petite patients with not enough fat tissue in other areas of the body might need to put on some weight before the procedure or resort to different procedures to get the buttocks they desire.
Are the results of a Brazilian butt lift lasting?
- The patient’s lifestyle, and the surgeon performing the treatment are all crucial factors for the success of the surgery and longevity of the results. The fat transferred during a BBL surgery can be lost if the patient is not committed to following the indications of the plastic surgeon. Sitting on the buttocks, engaging in physically demanding activities too soon after the surgery could lead to fat loss.
Will I have visible scars after a BBL?
- The Brazilian butt lift surgery is performed by fat injections into the buttocks. This means that there will be no visible scarring at the level of the buttocks after the surgery is performed.
When are buttock implants needed?
- A butt implant might be necessary to increase the buttock if the patient doesn’t have enough fat tissue. Although the patient does have some fat tissue, a buttock implant and fat injection can be combined to get the best results.
Who is a good candidate for buttock augmentation with implants and a Brazilian butt lift?
- The best candidates for a Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock Augmentation with Implants are those who are non-smokers, in good general health, and have reasonable expectations.
How long is the recovery after a BBL or a Butt implant surgery?
- Patients should normally plan to take several weeks off from work and other regular activities during their recovery period, though recovery times can vary based on the patient and the specifics of the treatment.
Does the BBL surgery has risks and side effects?
- A Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock Augmentation with Implants carries the same risks and potential complications as any surgical operation, such as infection, bleeding, and scarring. It’s crucial to go over these dangers with an experienced plastic surgeon who can advise you on the best course of action.
Further Reading about Body Procedures
- Read Dr. Chopra’s page about Drainless Tummy Tuck
- Read Dr. Chopra’s blog about How to Get a Flat Stomach or a Flatter Abdomen
- Read Dr. Chopra’s page about Liposuction 360