Today there are many options that allow patients to achieve a more youthful appearance. Many filler and laser services provide quick-fix solutions that effectively address the first signs of aging. With little downtime and instant results, they have become incredibly popular, however their downsides are temporary results that require continuous and costly maintenance.To achieve the most effective form of facial rejuvenation with long-lasting results, a surgical Facelift (Rhytidectomy) is the best option. The goal of a Face lift is to lift and tighten the face by elevating and volumizing cheeks, correcting sagging skin in the upper neck and rebuilding definition in the jawline. One of the biggest benefits of a Face lift is the development of newer techniques that result in a more natural appearance. For decades Face lifts were notorious for their telltale signs of an overly done look with distorted skin, altered hairlines and visible scarring. However, newer techniques within the Face lift surgical approach, focus on correcting sagging skin by going deeper - beyond the dermal layer. Dr. Chopra works within the SMAS of the facial anatomy, a layer of muscle and fascia, that externally holds the skin in place. He is able to personally tailor results based on each patient's individual aesthetic goals by variably altering his surgical technique. Now patients can opt for a soft and subtle refresh to a more substantial restorative result, while maintaining the natural facial characteristics. Dr. Chopra is a John Hopkins trained facial, breast and body plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He is fellowship trained within the facial category of oculoplastic aesthetics. His unique and intuitive understanding of facial contouring and structure will help you to achieve your very own youthful appearance.
- Sharpens the jawline and redefine neck angle
- Eliminates sagging jowls
- Reduces neck fat and sagging skin
- Rebuild cheek volume, lift and elevate
A Face lift does not address the following features, but can be combined with a Facelift to bring more value to a restorative outcome:
- Eyes and Eyelids
- Skin Texture
"Am I the right candidate?"The ideal patient share these common challenges due to the natural aging process:
- Flattening or recession of the cheekbones
- Sagging jowls
- Fat loss, reduced volume and plumpness – hallowness in the cheek and orbital area
- Loss of Skin elasticity, sagging and excess skin
- Changes in the neck, loss of volume in the jawline
There are several different types of face lift surgeries, each with their own unique benefits, risks and costs. The type of facial rejuvenation surgery that is best will depend on several factors - patient goals, facial features, skin condition, and level of sagging that needs to be addressed. Once Dr. Chopra carefully assesses a patient's facial features during a consultation, he can make a procedure recommendation.
ProcessFor an effective and long-lasting Face lift, Dr. Chopra addresses the deep underlying structures of the face to reverse the visible signs of aging and restore a more youthful, rested appearance. After an ENVISIONS consultation with Dr. Chopra, will recommend a surgical procedure to meet your goals, in addition to providing process details, he'll discuss an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
RecoveryThe recovery experience depends on the type of procedure chosen and whether additional elected procedures were performed. Dr. Chopra will provide you with a personalized recovery timeline and instructions to help your recovery go smoothly once surgery is complete. As the face and neck begin to heal, you will begin to appreciate an improved appearance and many of the emotional benefits of your self-investment.
- The outcome of this procedure is permanent.
- The amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While Dr. Chopra is careful to utilize scarless or seamless-scar techniques, some patients are biologically more prone to visible scarring that will likely to fade over time.
- Most patients take 2 – 3 weeks off, before returning to work
- Bruising and swelling is most substantial 2-3 days post op, then resolves over the next week
- Patients are able to move around the house on your own and do light household activities the day after surgery.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise or heavy lifting for 2 – 3 weeks
- Most patients are comfortable in public after 2 weeks
- Best results are visible in week 6 and beyond
- Incisions can be covered with makeup until they begin to fade
"What can I expect from the consultation?"
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
"How do I prepare for this procedure?"
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.