Men are often less than thrilled when they accumulate fatty tissue in the chest that creates the appearance of male breasts, a condition known as Gynecomastia. Instead of seeing flat, shapely pectoral muscles, some see cleavage, leaving many men feeling embarrassed about their bodies. One of the most shared complaints from male patients with Gynecomastia is seeing their chest or nipples puff out in shirts or sweaters. Gynecomastia is a condition that affects over 30% of men, and is more commonly known as “man boobs”, “moobs”. Enlarged male breast tissue can cause low self-esteem, depleted confidence levels and shame surrounding self image.
If you are a male who is interested in improving chest contour or eliminating puffy nipples, Gynecomastia surgery can correct the condition by effectively removing excess fat and restoring self-confidence in your personal appearance.
Permanently restore the pectoral area to a flat, more masculine contoured chest
"Am I the right candidate?"
- Have cleavage, enlarged breast tissue, moobs, or man boobs
- Chest or nipples puff out in shirts or sweaters
- Depleted or lower confidence levels surrounding their breast tissue
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- Dr. Chopra utilizes an advanced approach called the “Pull Through Technique” for superior results. A small incision is made much further from the standard incision area, a more thoughtful detail creating a seamless, smooth and scarless breast area. The small opening allows him to “pull through” and remove excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin.
- Liposuction is used to sculpt the pectoral plane into a flatter shape, proportionate to the patient’s physique.
- Depending on the amount of tissue and fat that needs to be removed, the surgery generally takes one-two hours to complete
- Alternatively, CoolSculpting®, a non-invasive, FDA-cleared treatment that “freezes” off excess fat cells may be recommended. This procedure reduces the appearance of enlarged breasts by up to 20-25% in a single session.
- PERMANENCY: The outcome of this procedure is permanent.
- Some scarring in the incision areas can be initially visible. When properly cared for and protected from sun exposure, these marks fade and improve as the healing process progresses.
- Recovery from male breast reduction surgery is rather quick. While patients should expect some level of temporary bruising and swelling, most return to work and activity within a week. Many with desk jobs can have their surgery on a Thursday or Friday and return to the office on Monday.
- Dr. Chopra usually recommends wearing a pressure garment for 3 to 6 weeks to help the tissue conform as it heals in its new shape and to reduce swelling. Usually, those who wear the garment as advised will likely heal more quickly.
- For men treated with CoolSculpting®, there is no downtime and patients can resume normal daily activities immediately following the in-office procedure. Results are not permanent and weight gain can reverse the outcome. Results are seen as early as 1 to 3 months after treatment.
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.