As we age, skin naturally loses elasticity, leading to a sagging neckline commonly known as "turkey neck". Men who experience excessive sun exposure or a major weight-loss will see drooping skin, while excessive weight gain may create a band of fat around the neckline or "double chin" appearance.
If you are male who has experienced a sense of embarrassment from the loss of definition in the neckline due to age, weight or sun exposure, a Neck Lift can effectively treat the jaw, chin, and neck areas. The procedure can help to restore a younger-looking and slimmer appearance, with each procedure personalized to fit the individual aesthetic goals, while maintaining their natural facial characteristics.
- Defined, a natural masuline jawline
- Enhanced neck contour and profile
- Firmer, tighter skin around the neck and jowls
"Am I the right candidate?"Men who want to resolve:
- Fullness in the neck from excess fat
- Reduce the appearance of a double chin in their profile
- Eliminate excess sagging skin
There are two procedure options for male patients interested in a Neck Lift. The Suspension Lift technique is the most effective method to achieve a full restoration. This procedure works to tighten the jowls, by removing excess skin, and remove fatty tissue deposits to reduce the appearance of a double chin. This procedure accentuates the jaw area and diminishes the appearance of jowls, and reduces the fullness and size of a man’s neck. A less invasive alternative, or partial Neck Lift procedure, involves the placement of two small, 1/4" incisions placed behind the earlobe on both sides of the head. Next, a 1-inch incision is placed just under the chin, to achieve a more natural masculine line at the neck and jaw. The technique pulls together the neck muscles in a way that produces a tighter neck structure.
- TIME: The Neck Lift is a straightforward procedure that takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- As with most any kind of surgery, there is risk involved; however they are rare and can be minimized by strictly following pre and post operative instructions.
- Dr. Chopra can address personal concerns during your consultation to help you make a fully informed decision.
- PERMANENCY: Permanent, up to 5-10 years depending on genetics and how well each patient cares for their skin but most importantly reduces sun exposure.
- Minimal scarring, however the amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While Dr. Chopra is careful to utilize scarless or seamless-scar techniques, some patients are biologically more prone to visible scarring that will likely to fade over time.
- Recovery in the first twenty-four hours after the procedure, will require care from a friend or family member to support them getting around.
- Most male Neck Lift patients can return to work within one to two weeks after their surgery. Results can continue to improve with time; even once the patient has recovered from the surgery, with the best results visible around six months post operation.
"What can I expect from the consultation?"
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
"How do I prepare for this procedure?"
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.