The eyes are one of the most distinctive features of the face and one of the first areas to show signs of aging. During the natural aging process, patients often complain of eyelids that sag from excess skin, puffiness from fat deposits and eyelid droopiness that causes a sleepy appearance.
To resolve these common issues, Dr. Chopra brings a skilled hand with novel solutions to achieve his patients desired aesthetic goals. By combining the Upper Eyelid Lift cosmetic procedure with the corrective Ptosis technique, patients can benefit from one of the most effective surgical solutions available to reclaim a well-rested appearance with long-lasting results. Dr. Chopra is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, uniquely trained through a prestigious Oculoplastic fellowship to handle the most complex conditions of the eye region. As his area of expertise, Dr. Chopra deeply enjoys showcasing his nuanced understanding of the eyelid area to brighten up his patients appearance.
For his male patients pursuing an Upper Eyelid Lift with Ptosis correction, Dr. Chopra alters incision angles and dimensions when removing excess skin and fat, to prevent a "surprised" or "feminized" look that is far from the natural male aesthetic. To address asymmetry between eyes, Dr. Chopra will correct the loose or soft muscle that causes drooping to achieve balance between the eye shape and size. During an ENVISION consultation, Dr. Chopra will an Eyelid region artistic treatment plan to help his patients achieve a refreshed look takes the edge off of aging.
- Tightening of the Eyelid skin to restore a brighter, well-rested appearance
- Achieve symmetry between eye shape and size
- Restore the natural contours around the eyelid
"Am I the right candidate?"Men who:
- Excess, or loose skin that sags over the eyelid, loss of natural crease line
- Impaired peripheral vision
- Puffiness from fat deposits along the upper eyelid
- Improve personal appearance and self-confidence
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- During the procedure, excess loose upper eyelid skin is excised through a hidden incision in the natural upper eyelid crease line. This incision placement effectively lifts and firms the area, while achieving a seamless scar result. Next, any excess fat is removed or repositioned, to preserve some fullness in the region and maintaining a naturally youthful appearance. In some cases, Dr. Chopra may recommend a fat or filler injection into the upper eyelid area to reverse hollowness. Lastly, to address eyelid droop (ptosis), the levator muscle that raises the lid is tightened (ptosis surgery). Some patients may benefit from combining their Upper Eyelid Lift andPtosis surgery, a Lower Eyelid or Brow lift, for a more substantial restorative outcome.
- The corrective Ptosis procedure can be performed through a posterior eyelid approach with incisions behind the upper eyelid (internal), resulting in scar-less treatment with an excellent eyelid contour. Ptosis Correction can also be performed from the outer eyelid skin (external ptosis surgery), where the incision placement is hidden in the upper eye fold crease line. In cases of congenital blepharoptosis or ptosis, the weak levator muscle tendons within the upper eyelid are connected to the much stronger forehead muscle, to compensate for the droopy upper eyelids. This technique is called frontalis sling.
- Depending on the patient circumstance, the surgery can be performed under oral or IV sedation. During an ENVISION consultation with Dr. Chopra, he will recommend a best-fit technique, unique to each patient's needs and desired aesthetic goals.
- As with most any kind of surgery, there is risk involved; however they are rare and can be minimized by strictly following pre and post operative instructions.
- Dr. Chopra can address personal concerns during your consultation to help you make a fully informed decision.
- PERMANENCY: Permanent, up to 5-10 years depending on genetics and how well each patient cares for their skin but most importantly reduces sun exposure.
- Minimal scarring, however the amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While Dr. Chopra is careful to utilize scarless or seamless-scar techniques, some patients are biologically more prone to visible scarring that will likely to fade over time.
- The recovery process after reconstructive and cosmetic upper blepharoplasty surgery, comes with very mild pain and vision remains intact. Most patients experience bruising/swelling for about 7-10 days post operation.
- If non-dissolvable sutures were used, they can be removed approximately 1-week post surgery. Patients generally resume daily activities and within one weeks time.
"What can I expect from the consultation?"
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
"How do I prepare for this procedure?"
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.