With stress at an all time high, anxiety and frustration can cause jaw clenching and teeth grinding, creating a host of painful symptoms. Not only can teeth grind down and headaches cause a constant, dull ache, but the masseter jaw muscle builds, increasing the appearance of a wide lower face.
Botox injections in the masseter muscle relaxes the area’s strength, creating a relaxing sensation. When the jaw is not as tense, the muscle smooths, creating a slimmer aesthetic.
Slim and enhance the V-Line shaped jawline
Prevent jaw clenching and teeth grindings
Alleviate pain and stiffness associated with night grinding
"Am I the right candidate?"
- Clenching teeth or grinding at night or daytime
- TMJ dysfunction
- Worn tooth enamel, exposed deep tooth layers
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Botox or Dysport is used to reduce tension and slim the lower third of the face, creating a “V”-like shape
- Usually combined with jawline filler or buccal fat removal to give enhanced jawline structure without too much soft tissue bulk
- PERMANENCY: Between three to six months, depending on how strong the muscle is and how often you use it.
- No scarring
- No pain, no need to ice-pack face
- No swelling, aching, bruising
- Clenching usually stops within 14 days
- Slimming effect takes place within 30 days
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.