Dr. Chopra brings an artfully skilled hand with novel solutions, to various eyelid (Blepharoplasty) cosmetic and corrective surgical procedures. His foremost goal in any Blepharoplasty procedure is to maintain proper health and function of the eyes and eyelids, while simultaneously providing his patients with an improved aesthetic look or corrective outcome.
The eyes are one of the most distinctive features of the face and is one of the first areas to show signs of aging. It is quite common for patients to end up with a "surprised" or "operated" look that is far from natural. Additionally, the eyelid skin is delicate, making it difficult to achieve a symmetrical outcome. With the right hand and ENVISIONS artistic treatment plan, a blepharoplasty procedure can help patients reveal a refreshed look that brightens up the face.
As a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Chopra is uniquely qualified to work on the most common, to the most complex of conditions, involving the eyelid area. In his post-medical school training, he was selected for a highly-prestigious Oculoplastic fellowship, in which he trained under world-renowned leaders and pioneers of the field. As his area of expertise, Dr. Chopra deeply enjoys showcasing his nuanced understanding of the eyelid area, and how it can help patients achieve their very own desirable aesthetic look.
- Tightening of the Eyelid skin
"Am I the right candidate?"The ideal aesthetic candidate has these these common signs:
- Undereye bags or puffiness from fatty tissue deposits
- Excess skin that droops due to loss of tissue elasticity from aging
- Discoloration or dark undereye circles that create a overly tired appearance
- Hollowness from loss of tissue volume, a natural result of the aging process
There are several types of Blepharoplasty procedures, each with their own benefits, costs and risks. The recommended procedure will depend largely on the patients aesthetics goals and the need for any corrective outcomes, which will be determined after Dr. Chopra carefully assesses the eyelid structure during a consultation. Dr. Chopra will determine the best-fit procedure during a consultation: 1) Upper Eyelid Lift, 2) External Lower Lid Lift, 3) Internal Lower Eyelid Lift or 4) Double Eyelid
ProcessFor an effective and long-lasting Blepharoplasty result, Dr. Chopra utilizes novel techniques to create a seamless or scarless surgical approach within the delicate eyelid area. After an ENVISIONS consultation Dr. Chopra will recommend a surgical procedure to meet your goals, in addition to the process details,***
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
RecoveryThe recovery experience depends on the type of procedure chosen and whether additional elected procedures were performed. Dr. Chopra will provide you with a personalized recovery timeline and instructions to help your recovery go smoothly once surgery is complete. As the face and eyes heal, you will begin to appreciate an improved appearance and many of the emotional benefits of your self-investment.
- PERMANENCY: Permanent
- The amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While Dr. Chopra is careful to utilize scarless or seamless-scar techniques, some patients are biologically more prone to visible scarring that will likely to fade over time.
- It is common for patients to experience more substantial swelling during the first week
- Patients take up to 2 weeks off before returning to work
- 3 weeks for bruising and swelling to subside
"What can I expect from the consultation?"
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
"How do I prepare for this procedure?"
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.