Forehead reduction is a safe and effective surgical procedure that can boost confidence, allowing patients to finally enjoy the appearance of their hairline. the hairline is repositioned lower on the forehead creating a more balanced appearance.
- The hairline is repositioned lower on the forehead creating a more balanced appearance
- Forehead prominence may also be reduced with forehead bone reduction for facial feminization
"Am I the right candidate?"
- A high hairline is commonly caused by genetic factors or hair loss from aging
- Prominent forehead size
- High hairline with ample skin elasticity that allows the hairline
- TIME: A relatively shorter procedure, a forehead reduction surgery takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- The patient is sedated with an on-site anesthesiologist and local anesthetic is used to numb the entire forehead.
- An incision is made at the front of the hairline so the skin marked for removal can be separated from the tissue.
- With care and precision, the scalp is brought forward and positioned lower typically ¾” up to 1” lower, on the forehead.
- To minimize scarring, a special suturing technique is used which seamlessly blends with new hair growth.
- The outcome of this procedure is permanent.
- Minimal scarring
- After the procedure is complete, the patient can return home within a few hours.
- At-home incision care is incredibly important and attention and detail should be used
- Minimal downtime, usually patients take a day off of work
- Discomfort is managed with medication. Swelling peaks at about the third day and then continues to fade over the next 7-10 days.
- Dr. Chopra provides specific cleaning instructions that should be followed leading up to the patient’s follow-up visit for suture removal approximately a week and a half post operation
- Patients are asked to return for check-ups at one and six weeks
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.