The desire to have an attractive and more streamlined figure has become quite popular in recent years. When creating an attractive figure with the help of cosmetic procedures, attention must be given to a contoured facial structure as it plays a crucial role in the overall physical appearance. However, one factor hindering most people from getting a streamlined and more attractive facial structure is the presence of excess facial fat. Excess facial fat can give the impression of a round-looking face or a double chin. It can also cause premature aging of the face which may negatively affect self-confidence. A double chin may provide an impression of obesity even if the person is in excellent health and has a normal weight.
Several factors may be responsible for excess facial fat accumulation. Excess facial fat can result from your weight, hereditary factors, and body anatomy. If you’d like to eliminate excess facial fat and achieve a more streamlined facial contour, then facial liposuction might be the best option for you. Facial liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed to remove excess facial fat. The areas that are most frequently targeted during facial liposuction are the jawline, cheeks, and neck. Facial liposuction can help improve your jawline and facial profile.
Your plastic surgeon may advise performing facial liposuction together with another facial rejuvenation procedure depending on your desired expectations from your facial surgery procedure. Before you go for facial liposuction, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Karan Chopra to get the best advice on facial rejuvenation procedures that will benefit you the most in meeting your aesthetic expectations.
Facial liposuction is an excellent option for people who want to get rid of a double chin and excess facial fat. This procedure also enhances jawline definition giving patients a more streamlined facial appearance. Some benefits of facial liposuction include:
- Facial liposuction rejuvenates the face making patients appear younger and fresher,
- This procedure helps to enhance facial contour,
- Facial liposuction can address a double chin,
- This procedure provides long-lasting results provided that you maintain a constant healthy weight,
- Facial liposuction is performed as an outpatient procedure and it is usually carried out with local anesthesia, which makes it as pain-free as possible,
- This procedure permanently eliminates fat cells in the face.
"Am I the right candidate?"
You will be considered for facial liposuction if you:
- Are at a healthy weight with excess facial fat that can’t be corrected by exercise and diet;
- Do not smoke;
- Have sufficient skin firmness and elasticity as this enables the skin to bounce back and heal properly without sagging;
- Are in great health without the presence of any severe pre-extending medical conditions that can affect your recovery;
- Have positive and reasonable expectations for your facial liposuction procedure.
Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic surgery procedure in which a cannula is used to gently break apart and suck out fat cells. Excess fat cells on the face are permanently removed with facial liposuction. This procedure remodels the face with the resultant effect being a well-defined face and jawline. The technique for facial liposuction is similar to that for liposuction on other parts of the body. Facial liposuction may occasionally be performed in conjunction with other facial rejuvenating procedures like a facelift. Buccal fat pads are located in the cheekbone region of the face. Although everyone has buccal fat pads, the size of the buccal fat pads varies from person to person. The size of the buccal fat pads affects the overall appearance of the face with patients who have big cheeks frequently having a round face. Cheek liposuction, sometimes called a buccal fat reduction, may be chosen by a patient who feels extremely self-conscious about the size of their cheeks and their facial contour. Facial liposuction and buccal fat pad reduction procedure are minimally invasive and are performed as an outpatient procedure. The procedures are also quite short and patients can return home the same day the procedure is performed.
Time Facial liposuction is a relatively short procedure and it usually lasts for about 30-90 minutes depending on your plastic surgeon and the type of anesthesia used for the procedure.
Cost The cost of chin liposuction may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- The patient will receive medication during the procedure to keep them comfortable. General and local anesthesia are the options that are available to the patient. Your plastic surgeon will advise you on the best option for you.
- Small incisions will be made in the areas of your face where liposuction will be performed. These incisions will be just large enough to allow a cannula, a slim tube with an attached vacuum, to pass through.
- Your surgeon will insert the cannula through these incisions and direct it to the fat layer under your skin to suction out the excess facial fat.
- Sutures are then used to close the incisions.
- After the procedure, you will be given a compression garment to provide support to your face and neck during recovery.
What Techniques are used in Facial Liposuction? Your plastic surgeon may contour your face using numerous liposuction techniques. Some liposuction techniques that may be utilized by your plastic surgeon include:
- Tumescent liposuction: your plastic surgeon will administer an injection containing a mixture of epinephrine, saline, and local anesthetic to the area being treated during the liposuction procedure. This injection aids in reducing post-operative discomfort, bleeding, and bruising while also making it simpler to remove fat cells.
- Ultrasonic liposuction: this method works by using ultrasonic energy to liquefy fat cells. The fat will be liquefied and then suctioned out by the plastic surgeon through a tiny tube.
- Laser-assisted liposuction: this technique, also known as laser lipolysis, utilizes a tiny laser to dissolve fat beneath the skin.
Recovery after a facial liposuction procedure may take a few days to a week. To ensure appropriate healing during this time, patients may be told to wear a compression garment over their face and neck. During this period, it’s normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and soreness, but your surgeon prescribed painkillers and an ice pack to help you manage these symptoms. Although most patients feel well enough to resume most normal activities in just a few days, you should still refrain from intense exercise for a few weeks. To ensure adequate recovery, all post-operative care guidelines should be carefully followed.
The results of your facial liposuction procedure will become visible once the swelling reduces. Facial liposuction procedure produces long-lasting results as they permanently eliminate excess facial fat cells. However, you can still put on weight in places that have not been treated. You can guarantee the effectiveness of your treatment with a healthy diet and frequent exercise.
You should avoid bending and other serious activities for the first few weeks after your facial liposuction procedure. If patients exercise caution, then they should be able to return to work in about five days. Dietary restrictions may be necessary if facial liposuction incisions are made inside the mouth. To reduce the risk of post-surgical complications after facial liposuction, it is important to strictly adhere to your surgeon’s postoperative instructions.
Keep in mind that the outcomes of your facial liposuction treatment won’t last forever. Major weight gain after your facial liposuction procedure may affect the contour of your face. However, mild weight gain of between 5-10 pounds likely will not alter the shape of your face.
Facial liposuction is a low-risk procedure and it is generally safe but just like any other surgical procedure, it does come with its own set of risks and possible complications.
Because anesthesia is used, the majority of patients don’t experience any pain during the intervention. Additionally, since facial liposuction is an outpatient treatment, if all goes well, you will be allowed to go home as soon as the anesthetic wears off. After the surgery, there may likely be some mild discomfort, but it should resolve in about five days.
The cost of chin liposuction may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation
Facial rejuvenation with face liposuction has become popular in recent years. Face liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic surgery procedure that eliminates unwanted facial fat. During face liposuction, your plastic surgeon will make small incisions in the areas of your face where liposuction will be performed. These incisions will be just large enough to allow a cannula, a slim tube with an attached vacuum, to pass through. A cannula is then inserted through these incisions and directed to the fat layer under your skin to suction out the excess facial fat. Once the desired amount of fat has been removed, your surgeon will close the incisions with sutures.
Following the facial liposuction procedure, you can anticipate experiencing some little discomfort as well as bruising, redness, and swelling. Your surgeon may prescribe medication to help reduce the discomfort. You can also use a cold compress to reduce the swelling and bruising. Your surgeon may instruct you to wear a compression garment over your face and neck to reduce swelling and accelerate healing. The mild pain and discomfort felt after a facial liposuction procedure usually resolves after a few days.
Scarring after liposuction is possible, however, it is typically not very noticeable. One of the key advantages of this fat-removal procedure is the small incisions, which result in relatively light scarring after liposuction. However, the patient’s genetic predisposition for scarring and the surgeon’s approach both influence the extent of scarring.
Face liposuction procedure produces long-lasting results. However, major weight gain after your facial liposuction procedure may affect the contour of your face.