The Mommy makeover procedure has gained increased popularity in recent years as a combination of plastic surgery techniques created expressly to address typical problems experienced by women who have gone through pregnancy and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover aims to improve a woman's body form and appearance after childbirth. Following pregnancy, many women experience physical changes in their bodies. Several body features can be treated with a mommy makeover, but the most popular ones are the breasts and the tummy. A mommy makeover frequently revolves around breast and abdomen surgery because these two areas are the ones that change the most as a result of becoming a mother. The size of the breasts also increases during pregnancy and breastfeeding, sometimes increasing by up to a full cup size or more. Returning to your pre-pregnancy body, however, may result in a considerable decrease in breast volume and apparent drooping. The body undergoes various physiological changes during pregnancy. These changes cause the skin, tissues, and muscles of the abdomen to stretch throughout pregnancy to safely accommodate the developing baby. Sadly, these layers may not revert to their tight, pre-baby shape after giving birth. Fortunately, with a mommy makeover procedure, women can regain their pre-baby body after going through pregnancy and breastfeeding. Before you go for a mommy makeover, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Karan Chopra to get a clearer picture of the procedure, its cost, and the risks involved.
- Multiple surgeries performed at one time: Depending on your objectives, a mommy makeover frequently entails three surgical operations. Typically, mommy makeovers involve liposuction, a breast lift, and a tummy tuck. Combining these procedures reduces the inconveniences of scheduling multiple procedures, recoveries, and billing. Some patients opt to undergo each treatment independently due to their lifestyle or particular objectives. There are no guidelines against this, but it necessitates numerous consultations, multiple anesthetic sessions, and more than one recovery periods. Far fewer appointments are necessary for a mommy makeover. It can also be cost-saving when you decide to perform more procedures at once. Additionally, since you only need to make one payment, billing and insurance issues will be easier for you.
- Get more dramatic effects: You may accomplish everything at once when you get a mommy makeover. Instead of spreading out your transformation over several months or years, you'll see the change in a short period. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle also helps to ensure that the results of your procedure last for a long time. After your body has healed completely, keep up your results by staying active, eating a balanced diet, and adhering to your doctor's postoperative
- Improves the appearance of your breasts: The shape of the breast is usually affected after childbirth particularly if you decide to nurse. Breast augmentation and lift can help restore your breast’s youthful appearance. Breast lifts remove extra skin from underneath and around the breasts. This makes the breasts appear fuller and perkier overall, giving moms their pre-pregnancy breast form. Breast augmentations, which use implants to enlarge the breasts, are also performed on some women. Your objectives will determine whether or not you receive a breast augmentation.
- Removes any stretch marks: Your skin stretches throughout pregnancy to make room for your growing baby. Despite your best efforts to prevent it with creams or lotions, this frequently results in stretch marks. Even after dropping the initial baby weight, stretch marks may still develop around the hips, thighs, and midsection. You can benefit from a mommy makeover if you feel self-conscious about your stretch marks.
"Am I the right candidate?"The best candidates for a mommy makeover are women who have maintained a relatively healthy weight and are in good health. You will be considered for a mommy makeover if you:
- Are done having children;
- Are in good health;
- Have a normal body weight;
- Have reasonable expectations for the procedure and a positive outlook.
The term “mommy makeover” is a phrase that describes a specific set of body contouring treatments that are combined to ameliorate the physical changes that persist long after childbirth. The fact that the mommy makeover has no predetermined elements and that each surgery is individually tailored to meet each patient's specific demands is one factor in its popularity. However, the surgical method typically begins with a treatment to contour the breasts and belly, then adds additional components as necessary. The mommy makeover procedure may include a breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, circumferential abdominoplasty, tummy tuck, and liposuction. While a breast lift helps to eliminate sagging skin for better shape, breast implants can restore lost fullness and volume. The Keller Funnel, a touch-free technique that lowers the risk of infection and capsular contracture, is used by many surgeons today, making breast augmentation safer and more efficient than ever before. Breast reduction surgery can produce smaller, more desirable breasts for persons who have uncomfortably large, abnormally huge breasts. A circumferential abdominoplasty, an abdominoplasty, and liposuction are commonly performed as additional techniques to further enhance the shape of the body. Women are can also get other procedures as part of their Mommy Makeover intervention. Time The mommy makeover procedure is usually performed as an outpatient procedure and involves several treatments performed simultaneously. The procedure usually lasts for about 3-5 hours depending on your plastic surgeon and the procedures you want as part of your mommy makeover. Cost The cost of a mommy makeover may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as the type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- During the surgical procedure, you will receive anesthesia. General anesthesia is often preferred for this procedure as it can take some time and it is the better option for the comfort of the patient.
- The other steps of your individualized mommy makeover procedure will depend on the procedures you want.
RecoveryAfter your mommy makeover procedure, the incision sites will be covered with bandages or gauze dressings. You may also be required to wear a support bra or compression garment to reduce post-surgery swelling. Your plastic surgeon may also use drains temporarily to drain any blood or fluid that may build up at the surgical site. Your plastic surgeon will provide you with thorough post-operative instructions on how to take care of your surgical site, things to watch out for at the surgical site or in your overall health, the medications to take to reduce the risk of infection and enhance healing, and when to come back for a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon to track your recovery. Depending on the treatments included in your mommy makeover, your recovery period may range from one to two weeks. During this time, you will experience some pain, swelling, and bruises. After your mommy makeover, you'll be worn out and tender for a few days, making it difficult to complete everyday tasks. Ask a family member or friend to help you out around the house. While there are some immediate advantages to a mommy makeover, the entire results cannot be seen until all swelling has gone down, which can take anywhere between six weeks and a few months. After your mommy makeover, you should refrain from strenuous activity and heavy lifting for at least six weeks, including carrying babies and kids who weigh more than 10 pounds. You should maintain a healthy lifestyle, exercise regularly, and eat a balanced diet to ensure that the results from your mommy makeover are long-lasting.
FAQs about Mommy Makeover
What does a mommy makeover consist of?
- A mommy makeover includes breast implants and/or a breast lift procedure in addition to an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to alter the shape of the stomach and waist.
What is the ideal weight for a mommy makeover?
- Plastic surgery procedures like mommy makeover are carried out on patients with BMIs of 30 or less. When it comes to your entire body weight, you should be within 10 to 20 pounds of your optimum weight.
How risky is mommy makeover surgery?
- A mommy makeover procedure carries certain risks just like any other surgical procedure. The possible complications and risks of a mommy makeover procedure include anesthesia risks, bleeding, persistent pain, infection, changes in nipple sensation, capsular contracture, poor incisions of healing, unfavorable scarring, and implant leak.
How long does it take to heal after a mommy makeover?
- Depending on the procedures you select to have done, the recovery period for a mommy makeover surgery might last anywhere from four to six weeks. The recovery process will vary from woman to woman, with some taking longer than others.
How do you sleep after a mommy makeover?
- After a mommy makeover, the abdominal muscles may be tight and uncomfortable, making it challenging to rest comfortably. The most comfortable way to sleep may be reclining, especially for the first week after your procedure.