For many women, breasts are a defining feature of femininity, and can deeply affect self-image. Patients with small or sagging breasts can often struggle with low self-esteem; some may experience a deep sense of grief and loss from a mastectomy, and others experience intense back pain, feeling weighed down physically and mentally by breasts that are too large for their bodies.
Dr. Chopra understands his patients experience both psychological and physical distress from various breast related conditions. Breast enhancement, lifts and reconstructive surgery empower his patients to begin emotional healing and reclaim their bodies. Dr. Chopra is a leading reconstructive breast surgeon, who is committed to evolving breast surgery techniques in an effort to expand patient options and outcomes. As an expert, his work has been featured and published in countless peer-reviewed medical journals and communicated in lectures given across the country.
Enhance breast size
Improve breast shape
"Am I the right candidate?"
- Adult women, dissatisfied with the size and shape of their breasts
- Realistic expectations for size and shape based on the health and quality of patients breast tissue
- Struggling with self-confidence
The Quick Recovery Breast Augmentation is an innovative “no-touch” surgical approach. Patients benefit greatly from the use of special instruments and techniques during surgery to minimize tissue trauma and avoid ribcage contact. Additionally, dissolvable sutures are used in place of unnecessary drains, bandages or surgical straps that can cause post-operative discomfort and possible complications. Together, these protocols decrease inflammation and swelling and shorten recovery to as quickly as 24-hours. In his extensive experience, Dr. Chopra has seen a remarkable difference in patient recovery with this technique. Breast Augmentation can correct sagging, but can be combined with a breast lift in certain cases where a patient needs both corrective and enhancement procedures to achieve their desired aesthetic outcome. Through his years of experience in performing this Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation procedure, Dr. Chopra, has perfected a signature technique to intuitively recreate the natural characteristics of an ideal breast shape and size. With a few added touches, Dr. Chopra sculpts a soft-touch look and feel he refers to as the “chic-boob finish.” By adding a layer of the patient’s own lipo-transferred fat over the implant, he recreates a natural fluffy fullness that minimizes implant edges. Secondly, implant location is placed under the pectoral muscle to create a seamless sloping look that mimics a natural breast shape. Lastly and most importantly, incisions are placed in armpits to keep breast tissue and skin seamless and scarless. Dr. Chopra’s “chic-boob” finishing touch is one of the ways in which he is pushing the boundaries of plastic surgery to better patient outcomes and exceed their expectations.
A Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation procedure requires careful pre-operative planning to set-up patients for a speedy recovery. Dr. Chopra begins the process with an in-depth consultation to map out an artistic treatment plan based on each patient’s desired aesthetic outcome. Once a best-fit procedure is chosen for the patient, Dr. Chopra will assess the breast shape and size and measure the implant type in a collaborative discussion. Implant fitting done prior to surgery, versus a traditional operation in which the implants are fitted and filled during the surging prevents trauma. During the operation, Dr. Chopra will use a Keller funnel, a surgical instrument used to safely and sterlily insert implants, eliminating the need for manual manipulation that can cause tissue bruising and swelling. By drastically reducing tissue contact, many patients can resume daily activities in as little as 24-hours.
- COSTS: The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Discomfort after the surgery can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
To achieve an ideal 24-hour rapid recovery, patients are encouraged to resume daily activities and to practice their range of motion with light arm and shoulder exercises directly after surgery. Patients may be fitted with a compression garment to prevent swelling and promote healing. One additional post-operative benefit is managing any residual pain with anti-inflammatories and pain-killer medications, rather than narcotics. If not taking narcotics, patients are often able to drive the day after surgery. Due to minimal swelling, implants settle into tissue quickly, revealing results faster than with a traditional procedure.
- PERMANENCY: Breast Augmentation results are long-lasting, however patients may need a replacement or maintenance surgery in 5-10 years.
- Minimal scarring, however the amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While Dr. Chopra is careful to utilize scarless or seamless-scar techniques, some patients are biologically more prone to visible scarring that will likely to fade over time.
Dr. Chopra gives you the “Power to Re-Imagine Yourself” with the ENVISION Consultation. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Chopra will discuss long term goals, an artistic treatment strategy alongside risks, benefits, and costs.
- Avoid certain medications including over the counter painkillers and other drugs that are known blood thinners. Blood thinners can lead to severe complications during surgery and recovery and are advised against during all surgeries
- Patients who smoke should plan to quit for several months before and after. Smoke inhibits the bloods oxygen supply, which can also cause severe problems during surgery and cause the recovery period to be prolonged.