Brazilian Butt Lift
A balanced and attractive figure can boost self-confidence and improve social interactions. One important factor of a more attractive figure is the size and shape of the buttocks and having “flat” buttocks is a major cause of concern for most people. While genetics play a major role in determining the size and shape of an individual’s buttocks, other factors like the way your body deposits fat may also have a role to play in the appearance of your gluteal region.
A healthy lifestyle with regular exercise can help to tone the gluteal muscles and reduce body weight. However, despite maintaining a healthy lifestyle, a good number of patients are still displeased with the shape of their buttocks. If you have “flat” buttocks and are looking for ways to improve the size of your buttocks and enhance your figure, then you may consider undergoing a Brazilian butt lift. A Brazilian butt lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that enhances the shape and size of the buttocks without the use of implants.
One key difference between a Brazilian butt lift and other buttocks augmentation procedures is that a Brazilian butt lift enhances the shape and size of the buttocks using fat collected from other parts of the body. Frequently, the outcomes enhance the appearance of the entire lower body since the fat is often taken from the lower abdomen, thighs, or hips. This produces results that look more natural than buttock implants.
Before you go for a Brazilian butt lift, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Karan Chopra to get a clearer picture of the procedure, its cost, and the risks involved.
- Removes excess fat from other areas of the body: in addition to increasing the shape and size of your buttocks, a Brazilian butt lift also helps to reduce unwanted fat from other areas of your body. Common sites where excess fat may be removed include the lower abdomen, hips, and thighs. The fat removed from these areas is used by your surgeon to improve the size of your buttocks;
- Enhances your figure: by improving the size and contour of your buttocks, a Brazilian butt lift can give you the beautiful figure you want. A Brazilian butt lift also allows you to make changes to your body’s curves. This means that you can decide to either just enlarge your buttocks or go for an enhanced figure;
- Produces natural-looking results: a Brazilian butt lift uses genuine body fat deposits to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. This produces results that both look and feel natural. Additionally, weight loss or butt exercises will also result in a change in body form which helps to ensure that you maintain a well-proportioned look;
- Produces long-lasting results: when compared to other butt augmentation procedures, a Brazilian butt lift produces longer-lasting results. After the initial loss of some of the grafted fat cells, the fat cells that persist and link up with the body’s blood supply act and appear just like normal body fat cells;
- Requires smaller incisions: there is little scarring after a Brazilian butt lift procedure because only small incisions are needed for both phases of the procedure. The first phase of the procedure which is liposuction needs only about two to five incisions while the second phase which is the fat transfer requires about four to eight incisions. The incisions made during a Brazilian butt lift are only a few millimeters long and these incisions when done right by a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Karan Chopra will leave barely visible scars;
- Produces faster results: the results from this procedure can be obtained in a couple of hours. Rather than spending countless hours in the gym with very few results to show, you can get a bigger and better-contoured butt after just two to three hours in surgery. All you have to do is undergo the procedure once to get all your desired results;
- Can help to reduce cellulite: by making the butt fuller and firmer, a Brazilian butt lift helps to minimize any obvious cellulite present in the gluteal region. Additionally, the procedure’s ability to raise the buttocks can also aid in reducing cellulite on the thighs.
"Am I the right candidate?"
The best candidates for a Brazilian butt lift are individuals who are in good health generally, have maintained a healthy weight, and have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift procedure. You will be considered for a Brazilian butt lift if you:
- Want to increase the size and shape of your buttocks without implants
- Have a good lower body skin tone
- Have enough fat in regions of your body that can be used for your Brazilian butt lift
- Can follow sitting restrictions after your procedure
The purpose of buttock augmentation is to improve the overall appearance of the buttocks. This is accomplished through fat grafting, buttock implants, or occasionally a mix of the two. Butt augmentation with implants involves the use of silicone-filled implants that are surgically inserted deep into the gluteal tissues. The process of fat grafting for butt augmentation, however, entails removing fat from one part of the body and placing it in the gluteal tissues. This method of fat grafting for butt augmentation is what is referred to as a Brazilian butt lift. It is important to point out that despite its name, a Brazilian butt lift is neither Brazilian in origin nor is it a buttock lift procedure. It is believed that this procedure was named after the nationality of the surgeon who created the procedure. A Brazilian butt lift uses liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one area of the body and this fat is then transferred to the butt to improve the shape and size of the buttocks. Unlike butt augmentation with implants, a Brazilian butt lift improves the size of the buttocks without implants producing more natural-looking results. By utilizing excess fat from other areas of the body, this procedure creates a more curvy backside while also creating a better overall appearance. This is in contrast to traditional butt lifts, which enhance the appearance of the buttocks by removing excess skin.
A Brazilian butt lift usually lasts for about 3-5 hours depending on your plastic surgeon and the type of anesthesia used for the procedure.
The cost of a Brazilian butt lift may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as the type of correction, surgical fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Anesthesia will be administered to the patient before the procedure. This procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia.
- To harvest fat from regions of the body such as the thigh, hips, and lower abdomen, your doctor will perform liposuction using a cannula connected to a vacuum. The harvested fat is then cleaned, separated from the fluid, and placed in a syringe for injection.
- The fat is then carefully injected into the buttocks to improve the contour and size.
In order to ensure that you obtain your desired results, your plastic surgeon may inject more fat than is necessary as some of the grafted fat cells may not adapt to the relocation. You may need to undergo future regrafting if the bulk of the grafted fat cells does not survive.
You should anticipate some swelling and bruising around your surgical site. Although it takes some time, the bruises and swelling eventually go away. You may use painkillers to minimize any discomfort you may feel after your Brazilian butt lift procedure.
The biggest obstacle during recovery after a Brazilian butt lift will be to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks. For about eight weeks after your procedure, you must only sleep on your side or stomach. You may also be required to wear a compression garment to minimize swelling and aid healing.
You can resume some simple daily activities about one week after your Brazilian butt lift procedure and your surgeon may permit you to engage in light exercise after about one month. It will take at least eight weeks, however, before you can return to your regular routines.
What are the Downsides to a Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Just like any invasive procedure, there are some risks associated with a Brazilian butt lift. Your plastic surgeon will carefully explain these risks to you during your consultation. One major downside of this procedure is the risk of fat embolism and this has drawn attention to the safety of the procedure;
- There is an initial shrinkage that occurs within three to six months of your Brazilian butt lift. This shrinkage may result in a 30-50% reduction in the initial volume that was instantly visible after the procedure and occurs because of the failure of some of the grafted fat cells to connect to your blood supply. The reduction in the volume of fat cells after a Brazilian butt lift can make determining the volume you get from the procedure unpredictable. However, a skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Karan Chopra can get the desired outcome by injecting just the correct quantity of fat to make up for the initial shrinkage;
- You must try to maintain a constant weight to preserve the results of your Brazilian butt lift procedure. Weight changes will alter your shape and lessen the contouring results of both the liposuction and the fat transfer procedures;
- You will need to adhere strictly to specific aftercare and recovery guidelines because it takes a few months for the grafted fat cells to stabilize and connect with your blood supply. These include sitting restrictions for some weeks, refraining from rigorous exercise for at least four weeks, and feeding the fat cells by consuming a calorie-dense, healthy diet. Adhering strictly to post-surgery instructions can help maximize the volume and contouring benefits of your Brazilian butt lift.
What are the risks and possible complications of a Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Fat embolism, infection, asymmetry, fat necrosis, hematoma, overcorrection and under-correction, nerve damage, blood clots and prolonged swelling.
The results from your Brazilian butt lift procedure can last for decades depending on how carefully you care for your buttocks during the healing period. Taking proper care of your buttocks during the recovery process can help maximize the results of your procedure.
A Brazilian butt lift uses liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one area of the body and this fat is then transferred to the butt to improve the shape and size of the buttocks. Unlike butt augmentation with implants, a Brazilian butt lift improves the size of the buttocks without implants producing more natural-looking results.
Recovery after a Brazilian butt lift takes about eight weeks. For about eight weeks after your procedure, you must only sleep on your side or stomach. You can continue engaging in some simple daily activities about one week after your Brazilian butt lift procedure and your surgeon may permit you to engage in light exercise after about one month. However, you will still require about eight weeks before you can return to your normal routines.
There are certain foods you should avoid after your Brazilian butt lift. Such foods include fried foods, candy, processed meats, refined grains, fast foods, and sodas.
Similar to other surgeries, patients will experience some pain after a Brazilian butt lift with most patients feeling soreness rather than severe pain. You may use painkillers to minimize any discomfort you may experience after your procedure.